Saturday, June 14, 2008

Today I go dancing....

… and last night I had butterflies in my stomach – that’s good ‘cos it feels really exciting. Not certain where I’m going or who will be there or what we’ll do – apart from dance!!

Feels like there are lots of new things happening in my life at the moment – and that does make me feel a bit nervous but I do feel more excited than anxious - and also lucky.

Jim, Rob and I met Lara’s parents on Thursday – which went really well – I was invited to go and visit them in Spain before long which I intend to do – so now must really concentrate on getting conversational in Spanish!

I did miss Chris very badly, I just felt he would have got on so well with Lara’s Dad – Chris didn’t really speak Spanish and Lara’s Dad has no English – but many a time we had left Chris in a Spanish bar with a newspaper and come back to find he had managed to communicate in some way with most of the people there. Most famously the time when he was asked out to compare scars with the cousin of the butcher who had been mauled by a bull!

But Chris ’s not here and wasn’t with us when we met Lara's parents but we did fine and tonight I will be dancing in Spain!