Sunday, June 01, 2008

Shopping, barbies and Spanish

It’s Sunday morning and I will be going for a run shortly but am feeling a bit hung-over as Gilly and Nita came round for a barbeque and I couldn’t get it to light – it’s got all cracked – so we ended up drinking loads of wine waiting for it to get going. Have decided to go and buy a new one today – this one I bought with Rob when I was going through my bereaved shopping phase.

Having a shopping weekend as I bought a new breadmaker yesterday – as I had started making bread when Chris’s breadmaker – and I do so think of it as his – blew up last week in a puff of acrid smoke – fusing all the electrics – seemed ironic – so I went and bought a Tricia breadmaker and made delicious rolls for the barbie in it!

Working on my Spanish as we’re going to meet Lara’s parents in a couple of weeks. Margaret has given me the Michel Thomas CDs and I really like his approach. Google Translate is also really useful.

Am so looking forward to dancing in Spain - I found this on the internet which is a description of 5 Rhythm Dancing - and I can understand it!

La energía se mueve en olas. Las olas se mueven con patrones. Los patrones se mueven con ritmo. El ser humano es sólo eso: energía, olas, patrones, ritmos. Nada más, nada menos.

So a good weekend after a knackering week. Things to do and things to look forward to.