Saturday, June 28, 2008

Still dancing...

Last night with TRiO students at their end of Study Tour Party - great fun!

The week has absolutely flown by - very busy at work - lots of things happening. Off to Berlin tomorrow - spend most of last week trying to write a paper - which I did just in time to photocopy the powerpoint to take with me by 5 on Friday!

Jimmy went to his prom last night - looking gorgeous in his suit - he is so much 'lighter' the last few weeks - I think his exams were putting him under a lot of stress - I also think it has taken him this length of time for him to come out of the shock of his Dad dying, him finding him in the garden and the whole process of us getting back on an even keel.

When I was in Spain - one of my fellow dancers was a young woman of about 32 who was dancing through splitting up with her long term boyfriend - he had found his father dying at the age of 16 and because he hadn't dealt with it - was still - 16 or so years later on - unable to move on and have a relationship. Made me think about my Jimmy - but positive thoughts as I don't think he will be worse off for what happened to him and in many ways the reverse - it has made him take on responsibility for himself (and me) which has made him a more mature young man - and gorgeous in his suit - and that's not just because I'm his Mum!

Saturday morning and the dog's letting me know he wants a walk - then Rob for breakfast and clothes shopping with Jim - which wont take long!