Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Visible confidence!

I just wanted to tell my blogg - and anyone else who might be remotely interested that Jim got an A in his History mock AS exam - he also just passed his Maths and Physics. Given that the school wanted him to leave in December and he hadn't got more than 10% in any exam since he did his GCSEs - he has done so well - and it's all about confidence.

Going back to school after his Dad died - and then struggling to concentrate - his lack of achievement being constantly reinforced by test failure - just knocked the stuffing out of him. Going back last September with a temporary and un-sustained positivity just led to a crumbling of his self-belief. It has been hard to know how to support him -and I have really struggled with it - but with the help of his brothers, and a post grad maths Student Tutor - he has turned it round - he confidence has been visibly lifted!

Given the job that I do - seeing at first hand how the lack of confidence can have such major impact - has made me think - but from a Mum's point of view it's lovely to see my gorgeous boy blossom!