Friday, June 03, 2016

Not knowing and just going......

Yesterday I said good-bye to my Mum and I don't know when I will see her again, or even if I ever will see her again.......

She was as good as she could be, being positive in her world of forgetfulness. Remembering now in holistic chunks rather than in details... being able to have a conversation that one minute later she has no recollection of......

She is deliciously grateful which is special, she appreciated our presence, the sunshine and the moment but is fast losing the context.

I am a bit sad but not too sad, I want her to keep her dignity and her knowledge of her own uniqueness as she slips into the cocoon of her last physical moments. She described herself as a child surrounded by mothers, which was beautifully poignant as that is where she is......

I asked her what mothers most want for their children and she replied "For them to be happy of course." 

I feel very privileged to be living my life - I am just so blessed and I am so aware that I have a responsibility to my Mum .......... to be happy!