Monday, June 11, 2012

Accelerated time......

... have been aware that I haven't blogged for a while.... time seems to be just racing by.... doing my best to cherish every moment and to be present all the time - but my life seems to be almost a blurr at the moment - but I think so many of us are feeling this.

Have just had a glorious weekend dancing with Andrew Holmes - 'Soul Food' - two beautiful days of nourishing and recognising my soul. Truly gorgeous - not always easy - because to really dance deep - is to dance with an honesty and truthfulness to yourself...... and it does require a real awareness of self.

To those that don't dance this  might sound strange - but 5 Rhythm dancing is a 'practice'  - it requires you to dance without self judgement, to dance with an open heart, to go without fear where the dance takes you and to just 'be' in yourself.

I truly love it - and Andrew is an amazing teacher, who takes us on a journey, together - but on our own.

I think so often about journeys... learning journeys..... individual journeys and the journeys we make together - in families, in organisations, cities, countries, globally - our individual journey weaving it's way in and out of the journeys of others. Sometimes these journeys come together for brief seconds, sometimes like my parents - journeying together for 66 years.

The journey which 23 of us danced this weekend - was exactly that - our own individual dance - but through the dance - we came together - to share a moment of joy -  to witness grief, beauty, truth, to learn from each other, to be irritated by each other, to see ourselves reflected in the dance of our companions - but fundamentally to dance our own journey.

As a group of dancers we sought to individually dance the embodiment of our souls and I have felt the legacy of that process all day. Seeing reflections of the lesson of dance within my world of day to dayness and work. Wonderful.... and then because it was Monday I went back tonight to dance in our regular group......................bufffff! How blessed am I to have dance in my life - I love it, love it, love it!!!!!!!