Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bursting with love.....

and pride and recognition for my amazing son Jimmy.

Buffff!!!!  Jim is away with Rachel - tonight staying at his brother Rob's in Varazdin - they have all been in Grenoble with Alex and Lara - and tomorrow Jim, Rachel and Rob go to Bosnia - another story..... but tonight I got home to open a letter which was just so amazingly wonderful.....

My little Jimmy, my youngest son, the amazing rock of our whole family...... the youngest grandchild, the child who came so late to reading, who was then diagnosed with dyspraxia, the young boy who was there alone at 16 when his father died, who was there for me, through those hard days, who ended up studying physics and maths... and struggled .... but who despite everything - just got on with it......

... this wonderful young man, my beautiful Jimmy has been awarded a FIRST in his History degree!!!!!  What an amazing journey.

I have had such a huge night - phoning Jimmy in Croatia and telling him - he had looked on line and though he had a good 2:1....... and was very happy with that! Telling my Mum - her joy in phoning my sisters - and though not being quite clear of the differentiation - just loving their reaction (they knew!) - and reflecting with me - and getting it so right - Jimmy got this because he chose - despite everything - to work hard/stay focused - when it would have been so easy for him to have every reason not to - he also did it with humility and passion for his chosen subject area - the Civil Rights Movement and the impact of protest songs.

Tonight I also texted Jim - to tell him how proud his father would have been of him.

OK - another first night for me.... to recognise my beautiful youngest son - the child of Chris and I ......  and I think this is why I feel so emotional tonight because this is not just Jim's well earned achievement - but also a night for me to recognise the beautiful legacy of Chris and my love for each other - our wonderful sons.........