Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Part of a wonderful family...

It is amazing where I go in my life - and I was feeling down on Saturday when I left Liverpool - but now I just feel so blessed. I have spend three days with a wonderful group of people - I spoke at the final session at the conference yesterday and described them as my EUCU.net family - which is what they have become. A very special and self selecting group of people - who share my passion - we talk - with passion - and a strong feeling of shared values, mission and driving purpose to our lives.

We work hard and continue late into the night over beer or gluewein - talking deeply, sharing our hearts and exposing our souls - like brothers and sisters we argue and play games, laughing and crying together - and people think I'm at a conference!

Although English is the language of the conference I have spoken quite a lot of Spanish with my new sister Ana from Columbia, and also understood quite a lot of German – though I can’t speak it – it is so amazing to be with like minded people from across the globe – how lucky, lucky am I. That’s good I’m glad I can see and feel how blessed I am – I have an obligation to cherish very beautiful second of my life – boy do I veer between extremes!