Sunday, December 21, 2008

Home from Finland

It was really good - I learnt a lot - though it wasn't easy - but I'm glad I went - though Finland in December is a strange place to be - the weather was warm for Finland but pretty cold - the biggest thing was the lack of daylight - it got light so late and dark so early - but because it was so overcast - it was just a heavy greyness. It was lovely to take the dog for a walk today and see the sun and blue sky.

Got home yesterday evening for Rob's birthday - it was a really special evening - as we couldn't be sure we'd be home in time to go out to a restaurant - so Rob cooked - he's a brilliant cook - he had some of his mates and Gilly and Nita - and it was a lovely evening. Quite a long day as Finland is two hours ahead so I was awake from 5.00 am - but a really special evening - my lovely Rob is a wonderful young man.

Feeling full of energy and happy to be home - life's good.