Sunday, November 30, 2008

Preparing myself for next weekend

Next weekend I’m going on a retreat, a 4 days Enlightenment Intensive programme. I heard about it a couple of months ago and felt a very strong desire to go to it. Now it’s got closer I’m beginning to get – I wouldn’t say worried – but certainly a bit nervous.

Have been feeling anxious for a few weeks now – not quite certain why – work – family - strong feeling of moving on. I’m also sorting and get rid of stuff – last weekend I had a moment when I realised that I could - and probably will live in another house! This is a big thought for me as I have lived in this one for over 30 years – it is the house of my life, the house of my life with Chris and my family. The realisation that I could live somewhere else was really powerful. At the moment I don’t want to, and can see no reason to move, but the fact that I can was quite exhilarating! Does add to this sense of uncertainty that I’m feeling at the moment. But it’s not a bad feeling. So next Thursday I go the Enlightenment Intensive in a beautiful place in Wales. I am anxious but also excited.

Last week I was in Barcelona, the conference was badly organised and not particularly useful, however I got a huge amount out of being there, and in particular spending a lot of time talking to Harinder. We have known each other, professionally, and as friends for many, many years and sometimes you can only understand things by talking to someone who understands where you are coming from. So we talked and talked and it was great! Barcelona was fun and I did speak and understand more Spanish, though it also made me aware of what a long way I’ve got to go. So time now for my Spanish homework. I think writing my blog is my homework for next weekend!