Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunny wintery showers....

...are not a bad thing - if you wrap up for the cold - and stay indoors when it's raining - and if you are outdoors when the sun shines through - it's magic!

I feel my life is a bit like sunny wintery showers at the moment, with lots of things happening. Some I've prepared for, like an anticipated busy time at work last week and some unexpected like my Dad going to hospital on Tuesday, hopefully to come out next week.

Between these ‘cold and rain’ times were real moments of sunshine, like being at the hospital with my parents yesterday and us sharing a joke - and really feeling the powerful love between us. But as these are winter showers I also know, I must treasure that love, as physically we may not share too many more moments like that.

Special moments this week, like being close to Rob when he was down and knowing that he would not stay there long – and he didn’t, thinking about that makes my heart sing.

I had a lot of visitors at work this week, and another sunshine point was a second hand complement, through which I was amazed to hear how someone felt I had impacted really positively on her work.

So winter showers are OK really and I suppose the secret is as far as possible to prepare for them and to really savour those moments of sunshine.