Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008

A new year starts today, my second without Chris.

I had a lovely New Year’s eve with Paul and Sue, two of my dearest dearest friends. We all went to the Kimberley Club, taking Kipper with us. He behaved beautifully despite the fireworks. I obviously thought about Chris a lot particularly in the Kimberley Club which he would have enjoyed so much, especially the pies (assorted) with proper mushy peas! But Chris is now a memory – he will always be an intrinsic part of me, because I am who I am because of Chris – but he has gone and we all have to move on.

So 2008 is underway and I think I am ready for it. I’m glad I’m taking more leave next week as I want to get the house sorted. I went through a necessary sorting and clearing out stage in the couple of months after Chris died and then a bathroom and kitchen stage last year but I feel the time has come for me to go to the next level – particularly in the backroom which is a real mess. I thought I would also paint the downstairs toilet – preserving the postcards in laminate. The dining room also needs doing and the hall and landing carpet – though maybe not all of that next week.!

I watched the birds in Paul and Sue’s garden this morning as I did at my Mum’s house and thought I’d put a picture of my all time favourite bird on my blogg – the long tailed tit. I didn’t take this photo but I wish I had – it is such a beautiful little bird.