Saturday, January 12, 2008

Getting excited about the year to come!

I did so much the right thing by having this last week off and getting myself ready for the year to come. Did mundane stuff - like painting toilets - both of which are now repainted - though probably look very similar to what they did - which is OK - it's like my life - I know it's very different thought on the surface might look the same - but it's actually very different - but I also know the work this involves!

Anyway the time off and being on my own - painting etc was very good for me as it enabled me to think through my priorities for the next year. Made a few important decisions - though only about things that I can make decisions about - I also know that I must be prepared for the unexpected - but the chance to have some quiet time on my own has been very very good.

Had a lovely conversation with Sue tonight after inviting her to join my world for a week next September - a good decision which has added to both of our lives.

Then phone coversation with Nita - planning a weekend away - which she so much needs.

Boys are around - Peri's choir is part of the opening the new Liverpool Arena tonight - but I am very happy to be at home with the boys - Aziz watching 'Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon' - intently - Jamal is playing hand held computer game and pretending to watch - Jim's out at another 18th birthday.

We have had a good day - boys dropped off early because of Arena gig - so they came with me for dog walk in the park - followed by a Rob led Guardian quiz - I did breakfast - my favourite thing to do - and we did well in the quiz - which was nice - and then unusually for me - I felt at a bit of a loose end so I took the boys to the cinema.

My birthday on Saturday - and when out last night it was decided by Gilly - that we would all go out next Thursday night for a curry at the Red Fort - then off to Amsterdam/Croatia/Slovenia on Friday - work stuff but involving some of my favourite people - how lucky am I?