Monday, June 18, 2007

Running and not really standing still

Renata arrived last Sunday and it has been a very busy week – but a good one. We went to Cardiff on Monday evening after work, as I had a meeting there on Tuesday. Before we left I found letters and a CD from Hannah – which I have played all week – and is playing now as I write this. Unexpected presents are the best. Running to catch up with myself at work but still took Friday off as I know I need to do this to keep on top of things. Had 12 for dinner on Thursday, 4 US Interns, 2 TRiO staff, Metap our Turkish Intern, Renata, Jimmy, Rob and my niece Becki. I found it quite hard – not the logistics but just doing it without Chris – he always enjoyed cooking and entertaining a group like this. But I’ve done it now and Rob and Renata were a great help at keeping the conversation going – some interesting US/Croatian/Turkish comparisons!

Went out Friday with Les and Ruth, Renata went out with the boys, Alex was home which is always a pleasure. Renata and I met Jenny, Ann and Evi on Saturday and we walked beyond Crosby beach, it was high tide and I have only seen the Gormley statues at low tide – we could only see a few heads – but that was such a different view of them – I enjoyed them – without being able to see them!

It’s good to be so busy – but I know I need to watch the ever present, creeping exhaustion!