Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Certainty and uncertainty (excitement!)


I'm back home from Colombia. Wow!!!!!! In the last three weeks, I have been in Japan, France, Italy, Colombia and twice in the USA in transit. Extraordinary!!!!

I go to Paris tomorrow to see Alex and Lara and teeny tiny Alba.

We are getting to the end of SiS Catalyst and there is a lot to do. At the moment, and for the next three weeks, I have a lovely team of young people who are helping me complete the documentation of our last four years. But from the 19 December they will be gone. It feels like I am coming to the end of a huge part of  my life. Which of course is true!

It was wonderful to be in Colombia, and I do resonate with the country and the people. I'm also frustrated by my bad Spanish and know that I really must put the time and effort into becoming fluent.

I don't remember when I have been quite so busy!

It's early morning and I seem to have some kind of reverse jet lag, because I should be feeling sleepy at this time of day and I'm not. Though I do feel a bit disorientated, which, when I think about the travelling and also the emotional roller coaster of the last few weeks, I am not really surprised.

I just renamed this blogg, certainty and uncertainty. Because that's exactly how I feel! A wonderful certainty but also a very strong feeling of uncertainty/unknown-ness, which is not scary....... I am trying to analyse exactly what I am feeling, I think it is excitement!

Last night I danced. It was a very special and deep dance. Our teacher Clare wanted us to dance as individuals, but also as part of the collective. And that is what we did. I did go extraordinarily deep, and it was an amazing  dance. 

It is also what I am writing about for SiS Catalyst -   the relationship between the individual and the collective, trying my best to get the words exactly right. But it is also something that I'm feeling very strongly at the moment. Feeling me, one person with their own individual thoughts and feelings, but also a part of the a growing awareness of global consciousness  and the huge changes that are unfurling around the world,  and probably beyond. 

So that is what I am feeling at the moment, a beautiful certainty combined with strong feeling of excitement!!

What an extraordinary world we live in.