Sunday, June 09, 2013

Expectations!


I have for a while now becoming clearer about the reality of What you expect - is - What you get.

Not totally certain of the parameters for this - but I do feel it is very true when going into a specific situation - if I go into something - with the expectation that it will not be good - well hey - guess what - it isn't! But if I expect it to be positive - not always easy - but positive - then - it will be.

I think the biggest thing in my life - was Chris dying - and looking back I can see that I made the decision - then and there - to go into the future positively - and I see my current fulfilled and richly blessed life - a consequence of that mindset. But it was definitely not easy.......

But it is also true of the smallest things - if I expect this day to be joyful - it will be - if I can recognise and enjoy all the elements of it. This doesn't mean everything will work out as I want them to happen - but if my mindset is one which says - I expect joy from this day - whatever actually happens is irrelevant - if my mindset is to feel the joy of being alive and having the gift of  living another day!

Well today has started well - it's just after 9 in the morning and I'm blogging from my bed - I slept well - but woke early - and decided that I needed to run in the park - I have been away for three weeks and not done much exercise during this time - and eaten many beautiful meals! My body is feeling a bit heavy - I expected it to be a good run - though I knew it wasn't going to be easy!

Anyway the run was amazing! Much better than I expected - firstly the park is just so deliciously green, lush and verdant after all this rain... the sun is shining and the freshness of the morning made it a wonderful place to be. It was hard though - my body felt heavy - but I warmed up and then ran to a special place - close to where I used to live - it is a spot where I used to go and meditate when I was just starting my spiritual awakening. I meditated there for a while in the sunshine then continued my run - I saw Kipper the dog's doppelganger - a dog called Shadow - who has very similar markings - he's old now and it was lovely to see such a close simile to my lovely Kipper.

Then I ran to the tree where we scattered Chris's and Kipper's ashes - a beautiful Beech tree - its trunk strong and its new leaves shimmering - I stood with my back to the tree and remembering both of them with love - I was just standing there when I looked up to see a little robin on a branch, very close, and right in front of me. He sang to me as I stood with tears running down my cheeks. It was very special. So I expected a good run - but I didn't know I would be serenaded by a robin!!

It's Sunday and I'm off again tomorrow to Brussels - I have quite a lot of work to do before I go - this afternoon I will go and see my Mum - have spoken to her lots over the last three weeks but it will be good to be with her. I might just spend a bit longer in my bed though as it very comfortable....

A beautiful start to the day - and now I will expect to find joy in the rest of the day!!!