Monday, June 17, 2013

Dancing and my Mum


It's Sunday evening and I have been dancing all weekend - 'Space' with Andrew Holmes - two days of deep dancing - absolutely wonderful. Earlier today I danced 'outside my body' - it is a bit difficult to explain - but when you dance deep - sometimes your body sort of disappears and you feel like you have no edges to your body. This didn't used to happen very often - but I have increasingly been going to this place - well today I went there - and then to the next place...................

...... this really is difficult to describe - but today when I  was dancing - I consciously took myself outside of my physical body into my Aura - well I guess it was my Aura - somewhere that I have never been before!

So that was pretty cool!

It's funny cos I am doing this amazing stuff, and living this amazing life - but I don't actually know the words for where I am - a lot of this is about me wanting to work everything out for myself - I don't want to be told these things by someone else. This means  - however a wonderful a teacher is - I feel it is crucial for me to recognise that the 'lesson' is coming through the teacher's perspective - and as we are all different - we have to learn things from our own perspective. So a really good teacher - takes you to a place where you work it out for yourself. This is true for dancing - for me - but I think it is probably true for everything - we learn when we are enabled to be in a position to learn - and when we are ready to - I think this is why I love Andrew as a teacher - because he is brilliant at what he does - but so subtle -  very in tune with his class and with a wonderful humility about what he is - which is an amazing teacher!

So I came back home and have an evening of conversations with Alex (in Grenoble) and my Mum....... conversations which were both lovely but also poignant. My Mum had been taken unwell at Chapel this morning  - probably her heart - which operates on three valves. Not seriously unwell but a 'turn' she was unhappy - as she felt stupid - when she gets down - she sort of loses all her confidence and says things like I'm just a silly old woman. We talked a long time on the phone which was good......

Never finished this blogg last night - sleep just crept up on me - I had danced for two whole days - so it was understandable! Well - it's now Monday and I have been to London and back - had a great day of meetings - so buzzing - as well as the legacy of days dancing with a wonderful teacher. Early night tonight!