Thursday, July 05, 2012

on the islands......

..... and it has been a most memorable few days.... Four of us - women from around the world - three sisters and a daughter - truly joyous! We have talked, swam in the warm blue, blue sea, eaten seafood, talked, slept, eaten fresh peaches, talked, swam in the sea and talked....... and then swam again in the blue, blue warm sea.... and then continued talking.... telling stories - sharing our griefs, sharing our memories, sharing our dreams.... I have had many Chris moments which has surprised me - but I have also recognised their beauty and poignancy..... he loved these islands - and now our son lives only a few short hours drive from them - we go to his tomorrow for his house warming party - how did that happen?????? So I am sun kissed and nurtured by the food and the beauty of this wonderous place and my soul is nourished by the warmth, strength and insight of my special companions. I am just so amazingly blessed..... and my Mum goes on holiday today to Norway!!!