Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Dancing in the new me...

Last night I went dancing - my third time since India - and worked out what was so different - I realised that I couldn't dance Staccato!

The 5 Rhythms form a wave and you start with Flowing - dancing with your feet, continuous movements, grounding yourself - with Staccato - the beat becomes stronger and the movements become much more angular - bish, bash bosh - taking you to the release of Chaos, extended then through Lyrical and finding itself with your breath in Stillness.

I talked about it at the end - saying 'That's weird I couldn't dance Staccato' - Alex the teacher - said, 'Trish, what's surprising about that - you've just been Flowing in India and you've had so much Staccato in your life - maybe the time is right for it just not to be there!'

And she is so right - I have been in Staccato all my adult life - doing, organising, sorting - bish, bash boshing - all my life!!!

There I was in India - for the first time in my adult life - NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was just so wonderful!!- I could and did play with the children at the back of the bus, abandoning myself to the pleasure of just playing, doing what I wanted to, I didn't even have any money for a bit as the bank stopped my card - I just went with the flow and it was wonderfully wonderful!!!!!!!!

Last June - I talked about being una mujer sin obligacion - and was beginning to see what this meant and how it would be - but now I am much closer to really recognising what this means - I am a different woman seamlessly moving between flowing and chaos - sounds about right!!

Staccato will come back - but it will be a different Staccato.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!