Monday, May 21, 2007

Jim is 17

Funny how things work out – I suppose it’s inevitable but Birthdays and special days are hard – anyway the dog has come up trumps and has been really ill – couldn’t walk at all this morning and yowelled with pain at every step – after the vet really scared us with possibilities about his innards – he finally decided that he has a sore neck – we think probably caused by careering down the path, skidding to a halt and crashing into the yard gate – whilst chasing a cat! Anyway – he’s on dog medication and we’ve to take him back to the vets tomorrow – but he did Jim and me a favour by making us pre-occupied with something else!

The hardest bit I found was to buy and write a card for Jim – signing it just from his Mum - that was hard - Alex’s birthday was the day after the funeral and I could write ‘love Mum and Jim’ on Rob’s card – but I did struggle buying and signing Jim’s card – which is pretty stupid – but maybe not.

Anyway we have now passed and recognised all five birthdays and that’s a good thing – Jim seems in good spirits and talking positively about next year and returning to school – though I think that all the sofa lying has enabled him to grow a few more inches – my lovely seventeen year old, six foot four baby!