Thursday, May 17, 2007

Feeling much happier

As I’m going to be working 4 days a week and am taking extra time off over the summer. It feels like a lot less pressure – I am doing well and coping OK at work but I did feel that it was all getting a bit on top of me – so working less hours will force me to prioritise what I can and need to do – I didn’t want to go off sick and take a few weeks off - so this way I can catch up with myself – hopefully.

I have a job which I love and one I know I can do – but I am also aware that I am struggling. I have also started to understand that a sudden bereavement like mine has a physical as well as psychological impact – it was good to be told these things – as I was feeling that I just wasn’t coping and was so very very tired. So this way, hopefully I will keep on top of things but also be able to say – sorry can’t do that at the moment.

Work is actually very good – we are at an exciting time with lots going on and things happening – I am so lucky as I have the kind of job that can be as big as I want to make it – what I need to do at the moment is to work out what I really need to be doing – and then to force myself to say no to things that I don’t need to do - hopefully this will help me be clearer about what I really want and need to do!

Anyway the upshot of this week is that I am going to be at work less and this will give me a bit more time to do other things – or maybe nothing – and as Chris always said doing nothing was always what I very bad at!