Monday, May 28, 2007

Bank Holiday Dancing

Alex appeared unexpectedly on Saturday, which was lovely, and on Sunday we went over to Mum and Dad’s and met Max and Bryony which was another lovely surprise – we had lunch and the boys and Bryony, all took turns in taking the Mickey out of each other – lots of laughing – my Dad is very deaf and doesn’t hear unless you talk to him directly and I’m not certain Mum caught all the jokes – but it was a happy visit.

Today Paul and Susan came over. Paul ran a cable for the TV into Jimmy’s room and Sue and I went through a load of old jewellery and I sent a box to Hannah who is a professional jeweller - I don't know if she'll use all the pieces - many came from Chris’s Mum and Aunty Elsie - but it was lovely to send them to someone who could put them to use - and would appreciate them. I’m getting very good at sorting and getting rid of things these days! Paul and Sue are such special friends and I know they miss Chris hugely – he was very close to both of them – last summer’s holiday will always be remembered as a very special time for us all.

Then tonight I went dancing – it’s 5 Rhythm Dancing – a sort of dancing meditation – I do love it so much – and I did cry tonight - especially after being with Paul and Sue. Dancing gives me a time and a way to cry – it’s a real release. I can’t live my life my crying and letting my emotions be raw – but through the dancing I have space to do so. At the end of the session I told people why I cried – as it was a Bank Holiday we were a small group – and I’m glad I told them something about myself – I haven’t spoken much at all for the 5 months I’ve been going and that’s not like me!

Tuesday tomorrow but a short week – feeling OK about work – feeling OK about life really – counting my blessings and recognising what a lucky woman I am.