Thursday, June 04, 2015

Back home....

 I have been home a week now, and it seems like that I have never been away......  but also I feel I am just  passing through for a short while -  which of course is true, as I fly to Norway tomorrow and then on to Paris and see my little granddaughter, who from the pictures is growing into a beautiful big baby!

It was lovely to see my Mum and she was very happy to see me. The letters worked really well and she had a folder of them next to her chair, I think she read them in the evening sometime. I have seen and phoned her a couple of times but she is so very forgetful and  does  not remember  phone conversations - whereas the letters  enabled her to have a kind of conversation with me throughout her day.  I asked her what she liked about the letters, and she said that she could hear me talking through them. It was also lovely to talk to Claire who said that it made her day when she took a letter down to Mum and saw her face light up on receiving it.

I think  I will send letters regularly even if I am at home and seeing and talking to Mum because she really doesn't remember very much of what happens in the day, although she can remember with great detail things happened early in her life.
 

The best bit about being home has been seeing people that have caught up with  many over the last few days. I love my little apartment but being away  has confirmed to me that I am ready to  leave Liverpool. 

 And now I must do some work!