Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Amazing couple of weeks


It is Tuesday, 6 January 2015 and what an amazing couple of weeks it has been!

To cuddle my very first grandchild and to see how she is thriving, and to witness her effect on her exhausted and exhilarating  parents, has been amazing.

I have also seen more of my family members  together in one place at my son Jimmy's  wedding than I can recall. The last time would have been my father's funeral so  to be together in celebration and happiness was just beautiful.

Tonight, I have Jimmy and Rachel staying at my flat and that is always a pleasure, but their wedding was something extraordinary...... it is difficult to describe these things, but  I was talking to my mum tonight  on the phone......  and she said;  the special thing about Jimmy and Rachel is that you can see how much they love each other...... I absolutely agree with her. and that is the strength of  their relationship, their certainty and it is visible.....  they are very certain that they love each...... but the really special thing is that they are totally certain that they are loved  by the other......  and that is the unusual strength of their relationship.

 So at home,  pretty tired......  but very happy.......... it has been a truly amazing couple of weeks!