Saturday, April 11, 2009

Being in Gigon....

...........is so extraordinarily special. I asked Hector if I could practice talking about Chris in the past tense and complicated things like "he would have liked" and it was a really good thing to do. As I knew I would want to talk about Chris to Juaquina and Tano and I have been able to do so which is great.

I felt the Chris wave really strongly when I was here last year and have discussed it since with Alex, and even though I expected it this time, it has still hit me very powerfully. Chris would have just loved Gigon, Tano, Juaquina and Lara. Over breakfast I have just had a discussion with Tano about the need for shopping lists, just one tiny example of how Chris and Tano would have agreed. I have also talked at length, and in Spanish, to Juaqui about family values and the importance of little things. I even quoted, over dinner last night, my current favourite saying: " Disfruta la vida como un flujo de cambio, caos y belleza." "Enjoy life as a flow of change, chaos and beauty." Which I think shows how far my Spanish has come and just how lovely these two are to let me talk so freely.

I was very tired when I arrived but the joy of being so well looked after, fed wonderful food a minimum of four times a day and a siesta is really working and I already feel that I have more energy to take home with me.

The boys have gone camping with Greg and his daughter and the incontinent dog, Rob accidentaly phoned me last night and I had a lengthy voice message which was them trying to put the tent up, with the banter between them, it was very funny.

So how lucky am I to have found new friends in Spain and how lucky is my middle son to have found someone as gorgeous as Lara. I am enjoying my life as a flow of change chaos and beauty.