Friday, February 09, 2018

Dragons, dreams and purpose!

I have known for and long time that I was born in the year of the Dragon, but recently the connection with the Dragon has been  growing stronger and stronger.   I think it was last summer and I first felt like a Dragon when I was dancing and since then I have felt increasingly  connected to the Dragon. 

I visualise her as a white, almost pink Dragon, with the white scales being iridescent and of many, many colours. When I first  met/connected/identified with the Dragon she was full-grown and an adult dragon. Since then I have seen her at all different ages and stages, including being in the egg!

At different times of my life I have identified with other animals; there was a period of time when I thought a lot about and connected with the Dolphin, for several years it was the Elephant, and as a little girl growing up, it was the Deer. Funnily  enough I have not seen my life divided by these animals until I wrote this blogg post!

So why the Dragon? And why now?

Not certain I can answer these questions yet, but there is a delicious rightness in identifying with the Dragon. I discovered quite recently that the house I was born in, called Wyvern,  is the name of a Dragon. I knew the house had been called Wyvern after my father's Regiment from when he was in the war,  but I did not know that a Wyvern was a dragon.   

Well that was interesting! I started searching for Wyvern regiment, to discover that there is no Wyvern Regiment, there is a Wyvern Barracks in Exeter. My father was in REME - the Corps of Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers but he must have been based in Exeter to have the connection with Wyvern Barracks.  Coincidentally  I was in Exeter at the beginning of this week!

The title of this post is actually a misnomer because I have talked about dragons but not dreams or purpose! But I can say that I loved the thinking and the growing connection with the Dragon, maybe they will be come part of my dreams and maybe they will help me with my purpose. Who knows - but in the meantime I love the Dragon and love the Dragon wisdom, wherever it takes me!