Saturday, July 11, 2015

In Prague


I have woken up in Prague!

I arrived late last night having been to a meeting in London and realising the flights were so much cheaper from Stansted airport and that I had the weekend free -  so checked with Jimmy and Rachel and just pitched up! I suppose this is the joy of being a nomad! 

Had a lovely deep conversation with my Mum on Thursday - I had gone over after a phone appointment with her Doctor about getting some stronger painkillers when her back is bad - as the pain is very debilitating in spasms - and had found her lying on her bed upset with the pain - I went and got the prescription and then we just sat and talked for a couple of hours before going for quite a long walk in the sunshine.

Although my Mum doesn't remember the conversations she has, they are - at the time really sensible - it is a strange kind of memory loss - but actually it does mean you can have deep and meaningful conversations - but then she just doesn't remember them. I have thought about this a lot and - especially after last weekend's dancing - and believe that although her mind doesn't remember the pleasure of the conversation - her body does.

She can be very wise and perceptive in these conversations and said she knew I was leaving. I hadn't told her and maybe someone else did - I was surprised she would have remembered that - so maybe she intuitively knew and felt I was going away. Anyway she gave me her blessing which felt important.

Now Jimmy and Rachel are up so time to go to the market!